Saturday, June 03, 2006

Still alive

Hi everyone,

First of all, apologies for the long absence.
Lots has happened since my last post. I've been biking to work most days, which started out pretty difficult but has gotten significantly easier already. If you're interested, my route to work is here. It takes about 40 minutes door-to-door, which is significantly shorter than taking transit. Some days it's a bit tough to get motivated but it's fine as soon as I get out there. I'm really happy with my bike, it definitely is getting the job done.

Work continues on at a pretty good clip. There is lots of work to go around so the days tend to go by pretty quickly. Everyone at work is pretty easy to get along with and I've settled in pretty quickly.

My flatmate Rachel just got back from Monaco, having spent 2 weeks there for the Grand Prix (she works for McLaren F1). So it's nice to have some company around the house again. Plus, she brought the weather back with her, apparently. After almost 2 weeks of rain, today was easily the nicest day since I've arrived. Don't know what the temperature was but it was clear and sunny all day. I spent much of the afternoon down at Wimbledon park, about 10 mins walk from my place. Pictures below:





So pretty much what people do when it's nice is go down to the park, have a barbecue, play soccer/cricket and drink a bunch of beers. That's the plan tomorrow if the weather holds up.

Speaking of cricket I've expressed interest in joining the Atkins cricket club, they play a couple games a week (one friendly, one comp). They generally have practise sessions at my office on Mondays, but seeing as last Monday was a bank holiday I have yet to try it out. I'm looking forward to it... hopefully some of my softball 'skills' translate. Speaking of softball, I hear you FCRC guys got banned from playing Novelis softball for being 'too competitive'? I apologize if I had any hand in their decision, but I get the feeling that Mark 'the Flash' Van Doormaal intimidated the hell out of them last season with his quick leather. Frisbee-golf it is?

Anyways I'm signing off now, I promise it won't be as long until my next post.

Go Oilers, go Jays,

Dan

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good post...thanks for taking the pics...it looks really nice and a good place to have some beers. Looking forward to hearing all about the cricket practice!!!!

4:23 AM  
Blogger far north fagans said...

Cricket...is that the "googlie" game?
Sounds like everything is going really well and you are fitting in great to the routine.
take care, Auntie Sue

4:21 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Although you and Mark were very intimidating on the diamond, I place a lot of the blame on Brian and his fireball line drives to shallow centre-field.... that girl 'aint pretty no more.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home