Saturday, June 10, 2006

By popular demand...

Here are a couple pictures of my street/neighbourhood. Also there is a shot of the so-called 'gherkin' which is located in the financial district.





It's Saturday and the World Cup has begun. Imagine the Stanley Cup Finals, the Super Bowl, World Series, and the Calgary Stampede all rolled into one and spread out over a month and you might get an idea of how many people are excited about this. Of course everyone is very optimisitic about England's chances, however I haven't decided what country I will support. Perhaps Argentina. For no particular reason, of course.

Anyhow, England's first game is this afternoon so I think I'll head down to the pub and see what all the hoo-haw is about. It's another gorgeous day here (that's 8 in a row!) so a large patio is a prerequisite. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers all
dan

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see your abode. But why are the cars parked on the wrong side of the road??
Have a pint for me.

Dad

12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is the 'gherkin' building? Office? Parliament? Also looks like the pointy end of a bullet!!!!!!!! Maybe it's the secret service building! :):)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

i have no idea what they do in there. it's neat looking though, isn't it?

4:56 PM  
Blogger harpstrings said...

Uncle Ken remembers soccer in England but I'm sure things have changed a bit since he was there.

We are now watching the Stanley Cup-if Edmonton wins, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Edmonton.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dano! Hope things are going well. Just checked into the blog for the first time in awhile, looks like you're having a great time.

Scott Winter

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home