Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Quickly

Hi all.

Having been without internet access at home for coming up on 2 weeks I've decided to post a quick update from work. Don't tell the boss.

1) Abu Dhabi has been delayed until September-ish.
2) I got a new bike. It is fast. I will post a head-to-head comparison with my old bike at some point.
3) Unfortunately I can't make it back to Canada this month. This means I'm going to miss Sean and Jodi's wedding, which I'm (to use a extremely British term) gutted about. Also going to miss a newborn niece or nephew until Christmas - again, very upsetting. Margot, good luck with the delivery.
4) I have been putting my home improvement experience to good use at my flat. We are renovating the bathroom and one bedroom. Good times.
5) Work, as always, is busy and I'm constantly learning how to do things in a commercial setting. Different than academia. night and day, but getting adjusted to it.
6) It feels like autumn already, and has for a couple of weeks. This is not good.
7) Went to an airshow a couple weeks ago. they had an airbus 380. it's enormous and can fly like a stunt plane. pictures to come. also, helicopters can fly upside down, apparently.

talk to you soon, provided british telecom can get their act together.


-dan

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear from you again Dan! Can hardly wait to see pics of bike, airshow and renovations. Am 'gutted' about having to wait til Xmas to see you again but understand. Just keep the posts coming in the meantime. It means a lot!!!
Love Mom

8:38 PM  
Blogger far north fagans said...

Looks like after today's news that you would be at the airport longer than in the air. Best to sit this mess out for a bit I think.
Good to hear all is well with you, and that you are now able to speed through the streets of London!
Ta for now

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home